Website Duke Energy
Fleet Services provides strategic leadership, management, and governance for all transportation and mobile equipment in the Duke Energy fleet which consists of over 14 thousand vehicles/mobile equipment. The supervisor of vehicle maintenance provides leadership and oversight to a diverse workforce for assigned maintenance locations (garages). Key accountabilities include: ensuring the execution of maintenance and repair work, providing strong leadership and oversight to employees, ensuring compliance with applicable, safety, environmental, ANSI, DOT and maintenance standards, managing work schedules, ensuring tasks are properly recorded in the work management system, coordinating with customer contacts to ensure their needs are being met and managing the business/financial aspects of assigned garages. Safety, environmental compliance, productivity and quality are all critical components of the successful execution of this work. The supervisor of vehicle maintenance is responsible for identifying and addressing barriers in the workplace and must also effectively communicate the plans and direction of the organization. Position is responsible for employee development and performance management of the assigned craft in the work group.
- Engage with internal customers to ensure the organization is meeting their needs.
- Serve as a model of leadership for change.
- Provide safe working conditions and practices by providing adequate safety training of work practices and procedures. Initiate action to promptly correct potential or actual safety problems.
- Ensure timely completion of assigned work in compliance with safety, environmental, ANSI, DOT standards, manufacturers’ guidelines, and Fleet Services best practices.
- Support human performance and corrective action programs by investigating, reviewing and communicating events, leading and participating in investigations and implementation of corrective actions.
- Work collaboratively with customers to preform required maintenance and repairs in a way the maximizes equipment availability.
- Maintain positive employee relations and culture based on trust, open communication, personal accountability, ownership, teamwork and collaboration.
- Develop a culture of two-way communication, encouraging employee feedback.
- In addition to required diploma, five (5) years minimum of related work experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of fleet maintenance best practices
- Demonstrated working knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations that pertain to vehicle/equipment operation and maintenance
- High school diploma/GED
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to work self-directed and be a team player
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills
- Class A CDL license
- Demonstrated ability to implement and lead others through changes.
- Demonstrated effective problem solving and analytical skills
- 2 or 4 Year Degree
- Demonstrated effective conflict management and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated effective written & verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Florence, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A