Website Duke Energy
This Electrical Engineering position will be in Seneca, SC in the Carolinas Nuclear Generation/Oconee Nuclear Station/Electrical Design Engineering team organization that supports nuclear generation stations in North and South Carolina. The Electrical Design teams manage the development, design, and implementation of engineering changes. The individual will be responsible for developing the scope, technical basis, installation, and testing requirements for engineering changes installed in the plant. Ongoing support of assigned engineering changes through work order reviews, corrective action program assignments, and field installation support activities is required.
- Prepares thorough and accurate engineering change packages, specifications, calculations, and drawings associated with the resolution of plant technical problems.
- Supports the company’s goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
- Provides engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis, and resolution of routine problems in area of expertise.
- Accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling, and monitoring of work activities.
- Passing grade on the Engineering Fundamentals Exam
- Understanding of basic engineering theories and principles.
- Understanding of basic principles of project management.
- Understanding of basic practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations, and preparing and presenting recommendations.
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge/Experience of Digital Process Systems.
- Knowledge/Experience of Instrumentation & Control Systems.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET accredited program. A Master’s degree in engineering will be considered in lieu of the B. S. engineering degree.
- Experience in the utility industry.
- Knowledge/Experience of Electrical Power Systems.
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Anderson, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A