Website Duke Energy
This position reports to the Leader of Customer Delivery Resource Management and is responsible for the scheduling, coordinating, and effective utilization of construction resources within their assigned area, including company and contract crews, materials, and special equipment.
- Manage and adjust dependencies with stakeholders to ensure the most efficient use of construction resources.
- Schedule an optimized two-week block of work to stakeholders and reschedule (if applicable) based on least cost, resource match/availability and customer need.
- Owns/implements the schedule working with the Resource Specialist and Contractor Specialist to ensure optimal use of internal and external craft resources within the 2-4-week scheduling window.
- Develop and maintain a full 4-week schedule for the available man hours.
- Evaluate and manage unscheduled work by collaborating with Zone and contract partners to identify and document all reschedule reasons.
- Coordinates with other work centers and other schedulers to levelized work across the region and to ensure effective use of resources.
- Provide data to Operations Analyst for tracking, trending reschedule reasons.
- Maintain strong, positive relationships with Zone employees, Engineering and Operations Planning, and Contractor Management to provide feedback for solution development to area resource team.
- Forecasting job status and monitoring, work completion and exception reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to scheduling and coordinating maintenance activities in assigned area.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Possesses thorough knowledge of various computer systems and programs used in Customer Delivery
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated use of electronic scheduling tools
- Demonstrated effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possesses thorough understanding of Customer Delivery processes
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with Customer Delivery field functions
- In addition to required degree, 4 years related work experience
- In lieu of Bachelor’s degree(s) AND 4 year(s) related work experience listed above, High School/GED AND 6 year(s) related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Terre Haute, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A