Website The Walt Disney Company
The Twentieth Television Business Affairs Department negotiates deals and drafts agreements for above-the-line talent (producers, writers, directors, actors and casting directors) for television programs Twentieth Television produces for a wide variety of platforms (broadcast, cable and streaming). The Department also provides support for the series, other departments within the studio, and ancillary activities.
- Participating in many different projects such as organizing and maintaining various charts of agreement “gives”/language
- Digesting and preparing charts which compare terms of agreements
- Drafting deal memos and short form agreements
- Responding to comments from talent representatives on deal memos and short form agreements
- Distributing information between departments regarding negotiations, closed deals and signed agreements.
- Assisting the Department’s executives on a variety of tasks as needed.
- Prior experience in media/entertainment preferred, but not required
- A strong interest in entertainment law, the television business, and/or negotiation theory/strategy (relevant coursework in these areas preferred, but not required)
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to multi-task and work under time pressure
- Proven ability to work as a team player
- Proven strong organizational and communication skills
- A strong proficiency with Microsoft Word and Outlook required; working knowledge of Microsoft One Note and Microsoft Excel preferred
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A