Website The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-To-Consumer and International (DTCI) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, Disney+, Hulu and Hotstar — alongside Disney’s international media businesses, DTCI aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
- Prepare deal and negotiation summaries for senior executive decision support.
- Provide accurate and timely availability of all content (films & series) for third party licensing, respecting complex holdbacks and restrictions stemming from existing licenses, underlying rights and/or music issues, various MVPD/BDU restrictions, and availability of assets.
- Liaise with servicing team and business operations on servicing issues.
- Track options, deal expirations.
- Administer and manage all such deals in the rights management system; manage all post-entry workstreams, e.g., draft and send notices (start dates, new seasons, etc.), license fee calculations, preparing invoice backups, asset delivery, etc.
- Access avails and sales history reports on an ad hoc basis for Burbank senior management, audits, finance.
- Support a team that supports TWDC’s Sales team, Business Operations, Legal, Finance and Accounting in all licenses of TWDC content to
- Global and multi-region SVOD clients, both pre-sale and post-sale. Account and Territory responsibilities will shift depending on deal and management priorities.
- Provide robust deal analysis and content valuation (e.g., financial counters, comps) for all such deals, in collaboration with internal stakeholders in each territory.
- Experience with financial modeling, complex financial analysis, advanced Excel skills and experience with analyzing large amounts of data
- Minimum 1 year in the media & entertainment industry
- Minimum 1 year of direct experience with media distribution
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong facility with contractual interpretation and analysis
- Skilled at creating presentations and communicating complex analysis to senior leaders
- Proven track record in effectively managing and building strong relationships with a broad array of stakeholders
- Some experience in international media distribution
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A