Website The Walt Disney Company
This Principal Architect – Supply Chain position is a critical technology and leadership role, responsible for the architecture of major data and analytics solutions for Supply Chain (logistics, global trade management, and warehouse management).
- Ensure that solutions are fit for purpose, secure, scalable, flexible, highly performance, future proofed and cost-effective.
- Establish and manage effective working relationships in a matrix environment with other departments, groups and staff with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced. Comfortable leading without necessarily having the overt authority to do so.
- Collaborate closely with other architects and peers across the organization to leverage knowledge, other solutions, and best practice.
- Design and document architecture at multiple levels (high level to detailed) and across multiple views (conceptual, logical, physical, data flow and sequence diagrams).
- Lead proof of concept exercises.
- Translating business requirements into conceptual and detailed technology solutions
- Keeping fluent in the industry and marketplace evolution–staying current with vendor product offerings and common and emerging data solutions in use across the industry; continuously learning new data technologies and introducing these into the organization
- Use Solution Architect principles to design highly effective solutions to satisfy business outcomes and requirements.
- Perform third-party vendor assessments.
- Experience designing and developing performance-optimized data models
- 10+ years experience architecting supply chain solutions
- Expertise architecting and delivering end-to-end data solutions
- Experience architecting and delivering data integration, ELT and ETL solutions
- Experience with standing up API frameworks delivering low-latency services on large datasets
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong communication and executive presentation skills; ability to communicate well to both technical and business audiences at the executive level
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Experience designing and developing data integration pipelines
- Preferred experience with automation technologies
- Experience defining Supply Chain technology strategy: designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines
- Proven delivery application portfolios inclusive of Cloud technologies and on-prem solutions.
- Experience with Data Science and predictive analytics preferred
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Celebration, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A