Website The Walt Disney Company
At Disney Streaming Services you’ll have the opportunity to create highly scalable and reliable services that power Disney+. You’ll get to understand the challenges of facilitating a high-quality, flawless media streaming experience across mobile, connected devices, and web, all while using the latest technologies available from AWS and beyond. You’ll be tasked with raising the bar by innovating and adopting new patterns and technologies to keep your teams on the bleeding edge of development.
- Work within a cross functional team of engineers building software in a collaborative & agile development environment
- Support the team in continuously improving the organization’s tools and best practices for owning and operating software
- Be responsible for the full lifecycle of software development (requirements gathering, designing, building, testing, maintenance, and support)
- Hire and nurture engineers through mentorship and career advocacy. Provide goals, career path, promotion guidance, motivation to your direct reports.
- Encourage individual decision-making amongst your team to support growth opportunities for your directs
- Execute and improve the project processes
- Design, build, deploy, and operate solutions capable of processing a large number of concurrent requests quickly, correctly, and reliably
- Ultimately responsible for the project success, including the full lifecycle of software development (requirements gathering, designing, building, testing, maintenance, support, stakeholder management, innovation, team growth), product and architecture vision and execution against that vision and organization objectives
- Enable data-driven prioritization and decision-making for your team through cross-organizational communication
- Foster an open environment of mutual support and engineering effectiveness
- 5 to 7 years of technical experience, including 2+ years in an engineering leadership role
- Knowledge and experience with distributed systems, their development, operations, observability
- Experience leading modern software engineering teams, cross-functional approach to software development, devOps and automation approaches
- Experience or interest in Scala, functional programming
- You care deeply about coaching, mentoring, and growing the careers of your team
Qualification & Experience:
- You’re a self-learner, independent, and have excellent problem-solving skills.
- You care deeply about craftsmanship in your software, and can work backwards from the customer experience.
- Previous experience taking ownership of a project and delivering end-to-end with high quality and robust architecture.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to dive deep into any technical component as well as understand and drive the overall systems architecture.
- Proficient in designing and implementing large scale distributed systems
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A