Website The Walt Disney Company
As a Lead Software Engineer, you enjoy a challenge and bring passion, commitment, and integrity to the role; you love creating tools and services using modern engineering methodologies. You leverage your broad technical knowledge to recommend the best way to achieve a result, while remaining open minded to new ideas and strategies.
- Influence and contribute to technical architecture, new technical approaches, or tooling.
- Ensure created services are sustainable and operationally fit for purpose, with appropriate documentation and test coverage.
- Partner with stakeholders to refine requirements and propose solutions to problems that span multiple teams.
- Lead by example in solving complex engineering problems with the most optimal solution considering multiple technical, operational, and business perspectives.
- Take a hands-on position in the delivery squads to build and support robust, secure, scalable, and efficient API-driven services for the media supply chain.
- Partner with US and LATAM-based engineering peers, product and project managers in agile-based work scheduling including sprint planning, sizing, and retrospectives.
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of our core systems and how they interact with upstream and downstream dependencies.
- Gain deep understanding of new technologies quickly, and where appropriate educate the team in best practices for their use.
- Lead code reviews, assess the impact to software architecture, and provide technical guidance and recommendations to the team.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills and the desire succeed as a team – the ability to form partnerships is key for this role.
- Expert knowledge of AWS cloud technologies coupled with IAC and build pipelines.
- Software engineering, web development or equivalent background.
Qualification & Experience:
- Have opinions on modern software architecture and design principles but aren’t dogmatic with technology choices.
- Experience with full software development lifecycle for multi-tiered applications, and common best practices like unit testing, collaborative version control flows, and continuous integration.
- BE/BS/MCA/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent industry experience.
- Excellent understanding of how to write and maintain a resourceful API using concepts such as REST, and how to secure it behind authentication and authorization gates.
- Expertise in a JVM-based language (Java or Kotlin), and experience with Spring/SpringBoot-based frameworks.
- Be a self-starter with an interest in industry trends and a passion for innovation and raising the bar.
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A