Website The Walt Disney Company
As a Media Solutions Architect, you will help architect and deliver the best in class video experience across all client platforms (browsers, mobile devices, OTT devices), pushing the envelope of what is technically possible with the most exciting content in the industry.
- Design and deliver media playback solutions, considering all involved systems and teams.
- Collaborate with client application development teams, services engineering, QA teams, and product teams to deliver best in class Video Playback solutions.
- Work closely with EPM to ensure that all stakeholders are continuously informed throughout the design, build, and delivery of the project.
- Coordinate solution implementation efforts across Media-focused Engineering teams, including front-end client platforms, backend systems/teams, QA, QE, and others.
- Translate media-focused requirements into practical, real-world solutions.
- Work closely with Media-focused Engineers to implement solutions that leverage existing and new system capabilities.
- Architect. Engineer. Designer. Innovator. Coordinator. Leader.
- Work closely with Product, EPM, Engineers, and other teams to ensure that business needs are fulfilled in an efficient and collaborative manner across all implementation teams.
- 4+ years of video playback experience
- Deep knowledge of video streaming protocols (HLS and/or MPEG-DASH), video formats, audio formats, DRM implementations, timed text, in-stream metadata, video analytics, and DAI
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing large engineering initiatives across various teams
- 4+ years of experience architecting and designing complex video playback solutions and experiences
Qualification & Experience:
- Required Knowledge of industry-standard project execution methodologies like Agile/SCRUM
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies, quickly and effectively
- Strong technical knowledge across various client platforms, including Android, Apple, Desktop Web, Browser-based devices, Smart TVs, Set-top boxes, Chromecast, PlayStation, Xbox, Roku, and other OTT devices
- Experience delivering distributed systems in production environments
- Innovative ideas to reduce the overall cost of deliverables with improved quality and time to market
- Proven experience influencing business and technology leadership
- Demonstrated skills in partnering with various architecture disciplines in software development
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A