Website The Walt Disney Company
The Principal Media Solutions Architect is responsible for the video playback engineering solution architecture and design, advertising, as well as integration and delivery for technology projects. It is the responsibility of the Principal Media Solutions Architect to coordinate with engineering leaders from various media-related disciplines (video players, client applications, media delivery, encoding and packaging, provisioning, media services, content engineering,
- Collaborate with client application development teams, services engineering, QA teams, and product teams to deliver best in class Video Playback solutions.
- Design and deliver media playback solutions, considering all involved systems and teams.
- Translate media-focused requirements into practical, real-world solutions.
- Work closely with Product, Enterprise Program Management (EPM), Engineers, and other teams to ensure that business needs are fulfilled in an efficient and collaborative manner across all implementation teams.
- Work closely with Media-focused Engineers to implement solutions that leverage existing and new system capabilities.
- Architect. Engineer. Designer. Innovator. Coordinator. Leader.
- Coordinate solution implementation efforts across Media-focused Engineering teams, including front-end client platforms, backend systems/teams, QA, Quality of Experience (QoE), and others.
- 8+ years of experience architecting and designing complex video playback solutions and experiences
- Deep knowledge of video streaming protocols (HLS and/or MPEG-DASH), video formats, audio formats, DRM implementations, timed text, in-stream metadata, video analytics, and DAI
- Understanding of the advertising ecosystem and dynamics
- 10+ years of video playback experience
- Strong focus on advertising, including client side ad insertion, SSAI, advertising solutions and formats, IAB standards and advertising on connected devices with resource restrictions
Qualification & Experience:
- Proven experience influencing business and technology leadership
- Innovative ideas to reduce the overall cost of deliverables with improved quality and time to market
- Experience delivering distributed systems in production environments
- Required Knowledge of industry-standard project execution methodologies like Agile/SCRUM
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing large engineering initiatives across various teams
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies, quickly and effectively
- Strong technical knowledge across various client platforms, including Android, Apple, Desktop Web, Browser-based devices, Smart TVs, Set-top boxes, Chromecast, PlayStation, Xbox, Roku, and other OTT devices
- Demonstrated skills in partnering with various architecture disciplines in software development
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A