Website The Walt Disney Company
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is seeking an experienced Post Production Engineer, who will work closely with FX Network’s award-winning Marketing team. This team utilizes industry standard software tools to generate and complete marketing material in a fast turn television broadcast environment. The Engineer must have excellent communication skills and be able to consult, train, knowledge share, interact, and develop relationships with engineering, graphic artists, editors, audio engineers, creative directors, and management.
- Assess, troubleshoot, and resolve user hardware/software issues and/or failures.
- Orchestrate workstation management, imaging, and configuration.
- Assist operators in resolving technical or operational issues.
- Orchestrate and perform the upgrading and configuring of infrastructure systems, software and firmware patches and upgrades to operating systems as needed.
- Ensure proper documentation of systems and procedures.
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs.
- Research and implement new technologies that optimize the creative vision of the FX Marketing Team.
- Maintain server room environmental and monitoring equipment, license servers, as well as asset tracking systems.
- Storage Systems including Nexis, Isilon, StorNext and AWS.
- At least 3+ years of work experience in the VFX industry.
- Preferred knowledge of the following systems/software:
Qualification & Experience:
- Editorial systems including Avid Media Composer, Resolve, Flame and Premiere.
- Houdini and Houdini FX.
- Maya with V-RAY, C4D, and 3DStudioMax.
- Audio systems including ProTools and the S6 Console.
- NUKE compositing software and workflows.
- Graphics Software. Including but not limited to:
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A