Website The Walt Disney Company
The DMED Ad Platform integrates with thousands of advertisers, with over a billion ads served per month. Before being served to a viewer, each one of these ads goes through a sophisticated workflow involving sales and planning, targeting, trafficking, and quality control, to deliver maximum value to our advertisers while maintaining an engaging experience for viewers.
- Work with engineers on teams across the DMED organization to ensure that advertising works flawlessly across a wide array of devices and applications, and that data and metrics flow efficiently into reporting and financial systems.
- Lead design and implementation on projects to improve and extend DMED’s existing ad serving platform and its supporting systems.
- Identify and drive improvements in engineering practices across Ad Platform teams to ensure industry-leading system quality and team efficiency.
- Coach and mentor more junior development leads and engineers on the team to produce software that conforms to the highest quality standards.
- Partner with the Product teams to understand their business needs and design outstanding and efficient solutions to complex business problems.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable proficiency and recent development in Java.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience; at least 2 years with microservices architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to attract talent, build teams and have fun.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to trace data through varying systems and debug where issues occur.
- Phenomenal communication and collaboration skills and a team-focused approach towards software development.
- Expertise with core Computer Science fundamentals, including Object-Oriented programming, algorithms, data structures, and design patterns.
- While this role does not require writing of tests, you should still bring a strong focus on Quality Engineering to ensure quality code with minimal regression.
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Santa Monica, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A