Website The Walt Disney Company
The Senior Accountant will assist with the close accounting processes & deliverables for the Media segment whilst reviewing and assisting with the content acquisition and productions register for all EMEA entities.
- Working with the US to clear Intercompany programming liabilities.
- Responsible for the accounting & reporting processes, managing revenue recognition, manual invoicing process, revenue accruals, and deferred income for Media segment.
- Identifying & driving areas of improvement within current processes with the aim of maintaining the current high standard of service provided in a more efficient manner.
- Liaising with the external Auditors at quarter end close.
- Assisting with the reconciliation the migration of IP to a FOH system.
- Ensuring compliance with Sarbanes Oxley & Disney Minimum Control Standards e.g. journal log.
- Programming accounting for EMEA internally developed content, third-party acquisitions, pre-buys (original acquisitions), co-productions, contributions, interstitials, development & pilot & content produced for third parties; ensuring accounting, tax & legal compliance.
- Completion of monthly & quarterly BS reconciliations.
- Working closely with local, EMEA & US teams on a daily basis as the key accounting contact
- Advanced excel skills
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- SAP experience
- Important to have strong background & knowledge in Media accounting
Qualification & Experience:
- European language skills are highly coveted
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Adaptable & ability to manage to tight deadlines
- Ability to analyse information critically & ask questions.
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A