Website The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company’s Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, the Disney+ streaming service and its ownership stake in Hulu — alongside Disney’s international media businesses, DMED aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
- Prepare written documentation of investigative findings and report out to stakeholders.
- Strong issue spotting and analytical skills to enable intake of ER issues and cases.
- Respond to Administrative Agency requests and charges
- Research and respond to HR Business Partners and employee inquiries regarding complex leave of absence scenarios (ability to analyze FMLA and other state leave laws).
- Support the performance management process by providing general consultation, preparation of written warnings, performance improvement plans, coaching, key messaging and other related documents.
- Act as a proactive consultant to the business by implementing strategies that include best practices through collaboration with Human Resource
- Business Partners (HRBP), Legal, Labor Relations, Security, Management Audit and Advisory and Assurance and other partners.
- Respond to employee concerns and complaints that violate Company policies by supporting the investigative team in conducting timely internal investigations independently or in conjunction with ER supervisors and HR Business Partners.
- Support reduction in workforce efforts by partnering with HR Business Partners and Legal to work through the established process and assist with compiling documentation and summaries for senior management review.
- In depth understanding of all aspects of employment and human resources related laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts and practices, including Title VII, ADA, ADAA & FMLA
- Minimum of 5 years Human Resources experience, or 4 years in Employee Relations, or 3 years in legal practice required.
Qualification & Experience:
- The successful candidate will be proactive and will have outstanding listening skills, proven consultative skills, and the ability to assess sensitive and complex employee relations issues in a confidential, objective, and systematic manner.
- Demonstrated strong written/verbal communication and facilitation/presentation skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively, lead and influence at all levels within the organization, and make decisions while keeping all partners and leaders informed.
- Demonstrated consultative, credibility assessment and investigative skills.
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A