Website The Walt Disney Company
The key responsibility of the Dry Dock Electrical Manager is to manage the approved dry dock scope of work for electrical work undertaken for the fleet during dry docking periods.
- Produce Technical product specifications as required, consult with external bodies for compliance and best practice
- Responsible for effective communication to shipboard leadership on designated Dry Dock interior work to be undertaken during the vessels dry-docking period
- Provide full breakdown and evaluation of vendor bids quotations to Managing Director London Office and internal senior leadership
- Plan and execute electrical Dry Dock work.
- Manage additional consulting team members engaged for specific tasks/areas
- Liaise with Operational team, specifically Marine & Technical Director, for Dry Dock electrical work planning
- Provide appropriate documentation, including technical specification for approved scope delivery
- Partner with Shipyard, WDI, Contracted Vendors, and external Regulatory bodies as required (LR- RO- WDI-WDW) for approved scope delivery.
- Liaise with ships leadership for feedback on project delivery and ongoing support requirements
- Conduct research into new ideas, products and upcoming regulatory changes to ensure all interior work are future proof.
- Responsible for writing the full, detailed scope of work on designated approved scope of work for electrical during the dry dock.
- Provide specifications to sub-contracting companies for contract bidding quotations
- 5+ years Project management experience
- 5+ years sea-going electrical engineering experience
- Previous Dry Dock experience required with emphasis on Hotel Electrical Engineering
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant tertiary electrical engineering or related degree or higher national diploma; Electro-Technical Officer (ETO) Certificate of Competence; or equivalent
- Previous financial experience/responsibility in +$1m dry dockings/projects
- Office Technical Operations and Ship Management experience
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A