Website The Walt Disney Company
As a Senior Video Quality Engineer you will work to improve our video encoding pipeline and provide the highest quality experience to our end users by assessing the encoded quality of a large library of content spanning more than 100 years. Through collaboration with media engineers and operations teams, you will study the impact of current codecs and encoding implementations using programmatic analysis and “golden eyes” viewing of content with the goal of improving the quality of our video streams. This position requires a highly skilled individual with strong creative and analytical skills and passion for content production, video quality, video encoding and processing technologies.
- Design and implement procedures for assessing video quality
- Conduct video quality experiments on existing content
- Research new video analysis and encoding technologies
- Contribute to optimization of video processing
- Solid understanding of video processing algorithms such as scaling, noise reduction, tone mapping, etc.
- Expertise with video compression standards such as ProResHQ, H.264, HEVC, AV1, etc.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent, Masters preferred
- In-depth knowledge of digital image/video processing theory and practice
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong ability to relate compression artifacts to video stream types (SDR vs. HDR) and encoding parameters (Qp, CRF etc.)
- Knowledge of IMAX, HDR10 and Dolby Vision high dynamic range masters and metadata
- Knowledge of video quality metrics such as PSNR, SSIM, VMAF and CAMBI
- Understanding of HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) with the Common Media Application Format (CMAF container) and Adaptive Bit-Rate (ABR) switching technique
- Understanding of display backlight technology, and experience in fine-tuning control modules for optimized picture quality
- Experienced in assessing visual quality impairments using both objective metrics and subjective test methodologies
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Santa Monica, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A