The Director of Logistics shares responsibility for ensuring stores and e-commerce stay in maximal stock position while streamlining the flow of inventory, raising throughput in the warehouses, and pushing efficiencies and cost reductions in the US supply chain while constantly partnering with internal US departments and 3PLs and the Tokyo-based Global Supply Chain Management team
- Ensure inventory accuracy at the warehouses.
- Interface with the Global Supply Chain Management team to adapt and implement global initiatives, discuss consolidated results, and provide US feedback to strengthen global operations.
- Co-lead store and e-commerce warehousing and distribution functions, working with individual leaders of store warehousing and distribution, ecommerce warehousing, ecommerce distribution, and imports and compliance.
- Manage weekly forecasts to ensure proper warehouse staffing.
- Partner constantly with store and e-commerce teams to identify downstream operational efficiencies and to resolve downstream problems at the core.
- Strengthen coordination, effectiveness, and cost management in all functions.
- Prepare budgets working with internal and 3PL stakeholders and manage outcomes.
- Budget and manage all logistics-related KPIs and financial outcomes.
- Develop team members to increase overall department deliverables.
- Identify and co-lead Kaizen and automation initiatives to improve company-wide results, focused on maximizing in-stocks, streamlining workloads, and reducing costs.
- Travel to warehouses to review and optimize processes and remove roadblocks.
- Must be an extremely detail-oriented systems and process thinker.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain, Business or a related field is preferred.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including logistics P&L budgeting and management and strong Excel (and ideally database) skills.
- Experience managing 3PL relationships.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience negotiating warehouse, trucking, and parcel shipping agreements.
- Exceptionally clear and succinct communication skills, effective for all levels of the organization.
- 10–15 years of progressive experience in retail/wholesale supply chain management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies and implementation of continuous improvement practices.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greater New York City Area
Application Deadline: N/A