Website Food Lion
The primary responsibility of the Director of Community Relations is to develop an enhanced strategic platform for the Brand’s philanthropic program, Food Lion Feeds, to improve the overall Brand’s reputation and positively evolve our customers emotional connection with our Brand. This position is the lead advocate for Food Lion Feeds, which was created to establish the company as a strong corporate citizen and advocate with the mission of feeding those who are hungry today while helping to end hunger for good within the communities we serve. This role will develop and flawlessly execute specific community programs and activities with internal associates, non-profit partners, civic organizations, community groups and other key stakeholders to positively impact our customers and communities while providing shared value to our associates and to our overall business. This position is also responsible for the development of strong relationships with key “feeding partners” to create impactful programs for our communities. The Director of Community relations will act as the primary spokesperson for Food Lion Feeds and be the key voice to external media.
- Member of the Food Lion Feeds Charitable Foundation and provides strategic oversight in their programs.
- Engage with the Food Lion Leadership Team to gain their support and participation in key activities.
- Provide strategic updates and progress regularly to internal and external stakeholders.
- Feeds strategy to generate impactful programs and create greater awareness of the mission of Food Lion Feeds.
- Serve as the Corporate Communications spokesperson, including representing the company at local and national community relations events, awards presentations, etc.
- Continuously elevates ways to build our Brand in the communities where we live, work and serve.
- Works directly with selected market partners who are aligned to the Food Lion
- Develops the strategic vision for Food Lion’s hunger relief program, Food Lion Feeds and creates a comprehensive activation plan with detailed financial and performance program measurement.
- Manages all local philanthropic giving programs to insure the programs are on strategy for Food Lion Feeds.
- Perfected ability to manage an internal team and create strong personal growth plans.
- Strong collaboration and integration with key stakeholders, including CR partners, civic leaders, community influencers and others.
- Seasoned level of knowledge for company, business and industry practices.
- Demonstrated consistent ability with time management and attention to detail.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and experience managing a PR/CR team
- 10 years’ experience and proven success developing and executing a Consumer Relations
- Master’s Degree (preferred)
Company: Food Lion
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, North Carolina Area
Application Deadline: N/A