Website Ace Hardware
The Director of Merchandising Operations is responsible for leading, defining, building and maintaining the strategic direction of Ace Hardware’s Category Management, Enterprise Pricing, Store Planning, Store Environment, Merchandising Operations, Product Content Management and Merchandising Analytic Departments. The teams work in unison with Ace Hardware’s Merchandising teams to deliver comprehensive retail programs that align with Ace’s value proposition and fuel the economics of the store model and the corporation.
- Create opportunities for team to continually develop through individual training, team training and industry seminars
- Build a pipeline of top performers that will grow both within the team and feed other Ace Corporate teams
- This position is 1 of 3 key leadership positions within the Merchandising department. They are involved with all key decisions within the department (budget, IT projects, org structure, strategic planning, setting priorities, etc.).
- Build Merchandising team to support the strategic vision of the dept.
- Build a culture of creative curiosity that will drive actionable insights based on robust analytics
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written to all levels of corporate and retail management, from Board of Directors down to Ace Retailers and their associates
- Ability to develop relationships and credibility with individuals at all organization levels
- Proven ability to lead and manage teams through complex business capabilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Proven project management experience
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong visionary, strategic and analytical leadership skills
- Proven ability to build complete capability from ground up, including definition of strategy, organization, technology and process
- 15+ years of merchandising and/or retail experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing or related field
Company: Ace Hardware
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oak Brook, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A