Director of Financial Planning and Analysis OG&A is responsible for leading a team which provides financial support across our entire business. This position is expected to be a strategic business partner with our teams by driving thought leadership in investments, identifying efficiencies, and providing clear expense tracking and reconciliations. Additionally, this position oversees financial compliance for our spends. Therefore, candidates will need strong communication and leadership skills with a capability to gain a keen understanding of related businesses
This position is responsible for leading a team of 7 associates and dotted line responsibility for 7 additional associates. Management responsibilities include setting associate objectives, monitoring performance relative to goals, providing coaching feedback and administering performance and compensation reviews.
- Expense Tracking: Responsibilities for budgeting and forecasting for nearly $400M of spend. Providing clarity of process and reconciliations to leaders, which in turn will facilitate strategic decision making
- Financial Compliance: Responsible for expenditure committee (a process where all spends are reviewed and selected spends go before a committee), vendor payment maintenance/financial controls, and ensuring capital POs are accurate
- Investments: This position will be the CFO of company approved projects. This will require business case support as well as thought leadership to help drive the highest possible return, staying within budget, and ensure accurate financial tracking of the projects
- Efficiencies: Partner with our teams to continue to drive efficiencies. This can be accomplished through identifying ways to invest in processes or systems, as well as areas that spend could be reduced/reallocated in more productive ways. Ad hoc analysis will be key to success in finding efficiencies
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
Qualification & Experience:
- 10 + years work experience related to Financial Analysis, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Retail experience desired.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Business or Finance
- MBA preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A