Website Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
- Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
- Design, implement, monitor and maintain a production network and server environment, which includes all playback video servers, postproduction Apple Xsan and EditShare NLE platforms, ancillary department servers, and render farms, and support the TV engineering team in day-to-day operations.
- Install and configure new hardware and software.
- Test and deploy OS and system-level patches and version updates. Maintain product lifecycles.
- Provide proactive systems maintenance and troubleshooting of any hardware and software issues.
- Serve as the direct interface with end-users for any technical expertise as well as assistance in software and hardware configurations in a predominantly Adobe Premiere environment.
- Coordinate with JPL’s IT/Cybersecurity organization to comply with all published security and institutional IT requirements.
- Analyze technology trends, mentor colleagues, and make recommendations to improve day-to-day practices and operations.
- Assist in technical aspects of conference room setups, including the troubleshooting of any physical infrastructure of cabling and power, along with any audio, lighting, and projection system issues.
- Perform any additional duties related to the operation and execution of all technical operations of the Office of Television Operations.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of related experience; Master’s degree with 1 year of related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of advanced computer network engineering.
- Prior experience of implementing and managing SAN infrastructures.
- Proven proficiency in multi-platform systems integrations.
- Proficient IT troubleshooting and systems diagnostics skills.
- Apple, Cisco, Juniper, Crestron, and Adobe certifications are a big plus.
- Proficient knowledge of Digital Media and Media Asset Management Systems, including CatDV, and EditShare.
- Experience and troubleshooting capabilities of Adobe Premiere, Davinci Resolve and Final Cut X.
- Prior experience implementing multimode, multi OS render farms using Maya, Arnold and Lightwave.
- Proficient in macOS Mojave and later operating systems, product lifecycle, scripting, remote control/management, and patch management.
- Proficient in the maintenance and management of Windows 7 & 10 clients, Windows Server platforms and Linux.
- Experienced with Synology NAS appliances, Promise Storage, Cisco and Netgear managed switches.
- Knowledge of telecommunication technologies, including VoIP telephony and analog POTS service and ISDN.
- Familiarity of serial control and management of broadcast and conference room automation equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex processes and procedures to end-users in clear and concise language.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with live television event production
- Burning interest in science, space exploration, and/or robotics.
Company: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A