Website U.S. Department of Commerce
OGL is responsible for representing and advising the agency in all matters involving the administration and management of the agency, other than those involving intellectual property litigation and policy.
- Research and analyze applicable laws and regulations, including laws and regulations relating to Federal Appropriations Laws, procurement and unique USPTO procurement authorities (including Patent and Trademark Office Acquisition Guidelines), provide interpretations of those laws and regulations to the USPTO General Counsel and other USPTO officials and personnel.
- Represent the USPTO in litigation involving procurements and contracts. Represent USPTO in bid protests filed before the General Accountability Office (GAO) and assist Department of Justice (DOJ) when bid protests are filed at the Court of Federal Claims. Represent USPTO in contract appeals filed before the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals (CBCA) and assist DOJ when appeals are filed before the United States Court of Federal Claims. Assist DOJ when appeals are filed before the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Provide legal advice on the Principles of Federal Appropriations Law, as well as acquisitions and procurements within the USPTO. Provide advice on proper use of USPTO funds. Review solicitation packages, statements of work, contract specifications and other contract documents for clarity and legal sufficiency. Participate as counsel on source selections. Provide advice on issues arising during contract administration.
- Research and analyze applicable laws and regulations related to legal advice may include data rights, bankruptcy, suspension and debarment, conflict of interest, ethics, real estate, security, procurement integrity, fiscal, socio economic laws, capital planning and assistance with audit or OIG investigations, as necessary. May provide some assistance to other areas of OGL.
- You must possess a Law Degree and an active bar membership of any state.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov) Suitable for Federal employment.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- You must meet the definition of specialized and professional experience.
- If selected, you may be required to complete a two-year trial period.
- You must meet all qualification requirements upon the closing date of this announcement.
- Applicants will be accepted from all United States Citizens and Nationals.
Company: U.S. Department of Commerce
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nashville, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A