Website DC Government
- The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) offers an attractive benefits package. The benefits package includes competitive compensation, health insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, short and long term disability and life insurance, as well a strong retirement benefit and savings options. Employees are also eligible for our employer contributed 401a plan after one year of employment. Additional perks such as discounts on wireless carriers, gym memberships, amusement park tickets and much more! Additional information can be found at: DCHR Benefits
- This is an agency-wide position located in the District of Columbia Metropolitan Police Department. It is the mission of the Metropolitan Police Department to safeguard the District of Columbia and protect its residents and visitors by providing the highest quality of police service with integrity, compassion, and a commitment to innovation that integrates people, technology and progressive business systems.
- This Program Analyst position is covered under the National Association of Government Employees (NAGE) bargaining unit and you may be required to pay an agency fee through direct payroll deductions.
- Plans, develops and conducts program analyzes of substantial scale and impact concerning all aspects of current or projected operating programs for actual or potential effectiveness in achieving planned goals and objectives throughout the Department. Develops, maintains, and monitors integrated reporting systems affecting programs throughout the activity with functions and operations that are extensively interrelated.
- Communicates information to management for effective evaluation of program operations and milestones. Analyzes, extracts, summarizes, and identifies significant trends and issues. Forecasts and estimates program requirements and prepare programmatic reports, justifications, charts, graphs, statistical and narrative data, etc., for top-level presentations and briefings.
- Conducts management surveys, audits, projects, etc., and provides advisory services to operating or management officials. Program study assignments involve organizations, operations, and functions of significant complexity with extensively interrelated programs throughout an extremely complex multi-mission or equivalent activity.
- Oversees execution of programs of a broad scope and mission impact. Reviews and interprets new and established directives, instructions, regulations, etc., and delegations of authority for potential impact on major program objectives, operating policies, work operations, and progress. Assures program goals, objectives, and operations are realistic.
- Prepares internal instructions, operating policies, procedures, guidelines, etc., concerning assigned programs and recommends required changes and adjustments to u- proper and adequate accomplishment of major program goals and objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Skill in oral and written communication to prepare and present recommendations and solutions regarding complex issues based on analysis and evaluation, including the preparation and presentation of reports, proposals, charts, and graphs, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with and gain confidence and cooperation of supervisors and managers to accept proposals on complex issues.
- Knowledge of a wide range of program management policies, concepts, practices, and principles to analyze and develop recommendations for improvement in program operations and objectives.
- Knowledge of basic statistical, accounting, budget, and economic principles and techniques. Skill in applying complex fact-finding, analytical and problem-solving methods and techniques to identify interrelated program problems, draw conclusions and recommend appropriate action or solutions to improve program efficiency and effectiveness.
- Knowledge of extensive operating programs and the interrelationships among such programs to perform program analysis by developing and evaluating the effectiveness of new or modified program objectives and operations.
- Knowledge of complex, interrelated activity missions, organization, functions, and operations. Knowledge of and skill in using management information systems, office automation systems and processes, computer applications, principles, and techniques, including ability to develop and implement new automated systems for control and support of interrelated program operations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Master’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Work Experience:
- Two (2) years of understanding program management policies, concepts, practices, and principles in order to analyze and develop recommendations for improvement in program operations and objectives and recommend appropriate action required.
- Must possess at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to CS-11 grade level in the District of Columbia government service or its non-District equivalent, that demonstrates knowledge of the specialized subject area of the position.
Company: DC Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A