Costco is looking for an experienced User Experience (UX) Designer to join the IT eCommerce UX team. The UX Designer draws from a broad range of UX generalist skills, including user research, information architecture, interaction design and prototyping to create compelling user experiences in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative and creative problem-solver who communicates effectively while working with a diverse group of stakeholders and executive level leadership.
- Collaborates with solution architects, product owners, business users and other IT/business stakeholders to design exceptional user experiences for multiple products concurrently.
- Solves complex design problem s using the user-centered design (UCD) process to account for user goals, accessibility, business requirements and development needs.
- Uses a variety of iterative design methods to drive thoughtful design decisions including sketches, process flows, wireframes, and interactive simulations/prototypes.
- Analyzes and evaluates current user interfaces and proposes usability improvements (i.e. expert reviews).
- Conducts competitive analysis research to better understand prevalent interaction designs/solutions.
- Creates interactive simulations/prototypes to help project teams, stakeholders, and users explore and understand proposed business solutions.
- Maintains and enforces UX style guides, UI standards and interaction design pattern libraries.
- Mentors and aids junior designers in the design process by providing guidance to ensure growth in UX disciplines.
- An online portfolio demonstrating the ability to create great user-centered design solutions.
- Strong understanding of responsive web design principles and design system frameworks.
- Experience with front end development technologies (HTML/CSS).
- Strong understanding of accessible design principles and familiarity with WCAG 2.1 guidelines.
- Expert knowledge of design tools including Sketch, Invision, Figma or similar tools.
- Hands on understanding of mobile UI patterns/interactions and experience designing for native mobile applications (Android and iOS).
- Hands on proficiency with selecting appropriate UI patterns and applying UCD methodologies to effectively solve design problems.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and conduct user research activities such as developing personas, user stories, conducting competitive analysis
- expert reviews, user interviews/contextual inquiry, field research and surveys.
- Creative and pragmatic problem solver with a strong attention to detail.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ demonstrated professional experience as a UX Designer.
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in User Experience Design, a related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with planning and executing usability studies and reporting results back to project teams and business stakeholders.
- Experience designing cross-channel experiences for web and mobile.
- Experience designing user interfaces in an enterprise environment.
- Comfortable designing for both B2B and B2C projects.
- Strong experience with form design.
- Experience in designing for both Mac and PC platforms.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Quality Assurance
Job Location: Jackson, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A