The Software Engineering Advisor delivers specific delegated tasks assigned by a supervisor in the Engineering job family. Under guidance, designs and develops a consolidated, conformed enterprise data warehouse and data lake which stores all critical data across Customer, Provider, Claims, Client, and Benefits data. Designs develop and implement standardized methods, processes and systems, and data mining tools.
- Maintain current documentation related to each OEM software product.
- Assistance in installation, support, and maintenance of z/OS.
- Lead the diagnosis of issues and solve problems that arise with software and hardware.
- Work with vendors for system support and problem resolution.
- Work with infrastructure teams to create and maintain standards.
- Maintain and support established Disaster Recovery plans and exercises.
- Install, administer and maintain IBM and third-party products.
- Train and guide junior staff members.
- Provide 24×7 rotational on-call technical support.
- Knowledge of Net view, GDPS, Supersession, VTAM, and TCPIP configurations is a plus.
- Strong understanding and experience with z/OS mainframe operating systems and program products.
- Ability to collaborate with different roles/teams to achieve common goals.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with JCL, JES, SDSF, VSAM, Catalog management, mainframe communications, RACF, and SMP/E.
- High School diploma; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Steubenville, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A