The Associate for Corporate Banking provides corporate credit analysis and transactional support within Corporate Banking and assists with managing the credit relationship between CIBC’s Capital Markets and clients primarily in Diversified Industries (including Media & Telecom, Transportation, Engineering & Construction, Technology). This necessitates maintaining an awareness of the client, company, industry, regulatory issues, relevant economic/political trends and client needs as well as tailoring coverage and financing solutions to meet client needs.
Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
- Excellent understanding of financial statements and accounting principles
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills in order to convey factual and conceptual information to others and promote the interests of CIBC
- Ability to work well and excel in a team environment
- Excellent analytical ability including demonstrated knowledge of valuation techniques and practices, including cash flow analysis
- Thorough understanding of Corporate Finance theories and practices, well-developed financial analysis skills, including financial modeling
- Well-developed organizational skills in order to respond to shifting priorities on several simultaneous projects
- Demonstrated job commitment including a willingness to work extended hours and personal flexibility and adaptability in order to meet client requirements
- Develop financial models to assist in structuring transactions and perform sensitivity analysis
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, C.P.A. or C.F.A.; previous corporate finance/corporate lending experience is preferred
- Comfort with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A