Website Central Intelligence Agency
The Graduate Scholarship Program is a financial needs-based initiative that offers graduate students an unmatched experience in a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. Graduate students, serving as scholarship recipients with CIA, attend an accredited college/university on a full-time basis and work during summer breaks at the Agency.
- While working at CIA, you will be exposed to real intelligence challenges while performing meaningful work that relates to your graduate studies. An IT major, for example, might be given increasingly complex projects involving sophisticated computer systems.
- An engineering major might help produce a piece of state-of-the-art equipment.
- A finance major could be involved in developing and analyzing budgets for a worldwide operation, while a foreign language major might be instrumental in translating documents for U.S. policymakers. An international relations major might brief a senior policymaker and, as a final example, a human resources major could have the opportunity to develop and implement personnel policies and procedures.
- Because CIA invests in scholarship recipients, accepting an offer means continued employment with the Agency for a specified time frame.
- You are required to work at the Agency after college graduation for a period equal to 1.5 times the length of the college sponsorship you received from CIA. Students who leave earlier are required to reimburse the U.S. Government for their tuition.
- All positions require relocation to the Washington, DC area during summer work tours.
- Financial need as demonstrated by the gross annual household income ceiling up to $120,000
- If the applicant has not been listed as a dependent for the previous tax year, the gross annual household income ceiling is $50,000 or less
- At least 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Availability to work at least one 90-day summer tour prior to graduation and willingness to work at CIA full time after graduation
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
Qualification & Experience:
- Academic excellence in core subject areas
- Relevant practical or job experience in your field of interest
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Pursuing a Graduate degree as a full time student and enrolled in, or planning to take, at least 9 credits per semester
Company: Central Intelligence Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A