Website CEVA Logistics
Are you known for your leadership skills? Are you passionate about delivering excellent logistics services? If so, we have an opportunity that would allow you to supervise the daily operations of the Logistics Department including document preparation and traffic coordination required to correctly process inbound consolidations in a cost-efficient manner and within defined standards.
- Develop and provide excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Receive, review and process inbound documentation for an assigned base of accounts. Provide written quotations as requested by customers. Ensure Customer Profile information is entered and updated in the system.
- Set up files for all documents and records relevant to the consolidation.
- Supervise and provide control oversight for all department activities. Provide training and quality management activities to assigned staff. Conduct annual performance reviews for all staff within department and address all employee performance problems promptly and directly in accordance with personnel policies.
- Manage pre-alerts daily to determine whether freight is arriving as expected. Follow-up with carriers to confirm arrival time and notify customer of status. Ensure documents reach branch within one working day of freight arrival.
- Characteristics: Demonstrated leadership ability. Ability to allocate work assignments and/or responsibilities to others to maximize the organization’s and the individual’s effectiveness. Customer focused. Ability to make customers and their needs the primary focus; developing and sustaining productive relationships.
- Skills: Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using units of US and/or international currency, weight, volume and distance measurements.
Qualification & Experience:
- Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED; Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics or Supply Chain Management,
- Transportation, Finance or related discipline preferred or equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- Minimum 4 years related experience. Minimum 1 year of supervisory or lead experience. Minimum 3 years of industry experience preferred.
Company: CEVA Logistics
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lordstown, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A