Website Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Our Internal Audit internship at Kings Dominion Amusement Park will give you critical knowledge for your future career, daily exposure and reporting to all levels of our company management, to cause your future career interviewers to want to hear much more about your work accomplishments while you were here!
- Audit staff interns perform all of our summer audits used by our external CPA firm and sent to each park’s GM, under the direction and mentorship of a Corporate Internal Audit Manager.
- After completing each audit, you’ll write a conclusion and any necessary recommendations for improvements to the controls and procedures.
- Assignments may include our Sarbanes Oxley audits, plus audits on controls used inside each park like Revenue, Cash Receipts, Accounting and Computer Systems, Payroll, Purchasing & Expenditures, Inventory, etc., plus other projects.
Qualification & Experience:
- No prior audit experience is necessary, as training and guidance will be provided during the internship.
- Candidates must be highly motivated and able to work professionally with and without supervision.
- Excellent communication skills are a plus, as you’ll interact with managers on a regular daily basis.
- Candidates should be Accounting majors in their sophomore year or above at this point, have a G.P.A. of 3.00 or higher, and by preference complete two accounting courses prior to next summer’s internship (and definitely complete one before applying).
- Auditors should be willing to work approximately 40 hours per week over 5 days (with at least one weekend day), as daily schedules will vary in terms of the starting hour.
Company: Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Doswell, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A