Website Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
As the Housekeeping Supervisor you will support the Housekeeping Manager in leading the housekeeping team in overall cleanliness and upkeep of 130 guest rooms, public areas and grounds keeping of the hotel with attention to detail and perfection so we can create memorable stay experiences for our guest visiting the Carolinas!
- Work with laundry chemicals in accordance with all safety guidelines listed on the MSDS sheets. Wear personal protective equipment when necessary.
- Manage lost and found and respond to guest inquires
- In charge of the housekeeping operation in absence of the Housekeeping Manager
- Responsible for opening, turning and closing the house in accordance to brand standard and in a timely manner
- Respect guest privacy and security, record DND rooms
- Maintain cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with brand standard and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to management.
- Inspect and maintain clean and safe and enjoyable environment in all public areas including lobby, meeting room, restrooms, guest hallways, fitness center, outdoor patio and pool deck and back of house.
- Report and follow up on maintenance request to ensure everything in perfect working order
- Assist Housekeeping Manager in facilitating housekeeping section of brand standards audit, health department and AAA inspections
- Complete daily inspections of all areas of guest-rooms in accordance with brand standards.
- Maintain guest room general clean process and work with maintenance on PM process
- Maintain open communication with other departments to prepare for the guests arrival, special needs and request.
- Ability to operate a computer and learn the property management system ( FOSSE)
- HSD or equivalent required
- Must be self-motivated and value leadership
- Previous housekeeping experience in hospitality required
- Previous Marriott experience a plus
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test per company policy unless prohibited by state or provincial law
- Able to work early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work as a team in a fast-paced environment
- Able to be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to multitask and take ownership, good time management skills
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to remain calm during emotionally charged situations related to guest and employees
- Creative thinking and independent problem solving skills with appropriate sense of urgency
- Ability to handle guest request and complaints, take payments and give necessary compensation and refunds
Company: Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A