Website Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
The Control Systems Reliability Engineer will manage, diagnose, and troubleshoot ride electrical control systems for the Cedar Point ride program. With a working knowledge of Allen Bradley control systems, software programs, hydraulics and electrical systems, this solution oriented leader will ensure the guests have an excellent ride experience.
- Diagnose Programmable Logic Controls (SLC500, PLC5, NUMA LOGIC) and relay logic electrical problems. Read schematics to solve electrical problems.
- Design Programmable Logic Control programs and electrical control systems; review and proof the same.
- Managing and maintaining control equipment, which is used to monitor and control rides and thorough understanding of ride operation.
- Ensure that ride control systems operate effectively, efficiently and safely.
- Ensure minimal control equipment breakdown. Contribute to maintenance cost reduction. Optimize current preventive maintenance and spare parts.
- Ensure full compliance with all applicable codes, regulatory requirements, and corporate policies. Adhere to and enforces all Cedar Fair and
- specific Park policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrates commitment to customer service in all aspects of employment.
- Use Facility Information Management Systems to track ride uptime improvement. Thorough understanding of ride operation.
- Utilize ladder logic to diagnose electrical control system faults. Diagnose and repair DC drive controllers and DC motors.
- Must have familiarity with Auto CAD
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Driver’s License required
- Associates degree/vocational or technical school degree in industrial or robotic control systems
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts as probability and statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Working knowledge of Allen Bradley, software programs, hydraulic and pneumatic systems desire
Company: Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandusky, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A