Website Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Coordinates the scope, schedule, budget and quality of construction and maintenance projects throughout the park, including structures, utilities, amusement attractions, roads, landscape and other projects as assigned. Plans and coordinates all aspects of the construction/maintenance process, including hiring contractors and working with engineers, architects and vendors. Plans, organizes and directs installation, maintenance, and refurbishment of various maintenance/construction projects throughout the property. Works with the Construction Manager and Maintenance Division Managers to coordinate all assigned projects.
- Oversees of each project, including details like job submittals and plan revisions.
- Conducts meetings on site with architect, Maintenance staff, Purchasing staff and construction crew.
- Works with the all involved departments from the start of each project to ensure complete understanding of the projectscope, vision and goals.
- Prepares monitors and updates project estimates and budgets throughout each project.
- Collaborates with the architect and construction crew to ensure feasibility of each project
- Ensures that each project is completed according to schedule. Resolves problems that arise due to inclement weather, equipment/material shortages, emergencies and any other issues that may cause delays.
- Confers with supervisors or other managers to monitor construction/maintenance progress, including worker productivity and compliance with building and safety codes.
- Negotiates bids/quotes with architects, vendors, contractors and other trades.
- Secures of permits (building, fire, health, etc.), licenses, and delivery of materials and equipment to construction sites per project requirements to ensure timely completion.
- Creates, revises and maintains the scope and scheduling of a project based on established parameters deadlines utilizingMicrosoft Project and other scheduling software.
- 7+ years’ experience in designing and building construction.
- Project Manager certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in a construction related field, such as building science, construction management or civil engineering or a
- 7+years’ construction/project management experience on a construction site.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Strong working knowledge of construction materials, processes and equipment.
- Advanced understanding of risk management policies and procedures.
- Extensive experience managing budgets and schedules for large construction projects.
- Experience working with a variety of regulatory agencies for plan check and inspections.
- Ability to read blueprints, structural drawings and plan sets.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Work, Excel and Microsoft Project.
Company: Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Buena Park, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A