Website Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen. They should effectively supervise and manage all kitchen operations; optimizing profits by controlling food costs, production, and labor, and should increase sales through food quality, speed of service and accurately prepared food.
- Maintains an accurate and up‑to‑date manpower plan of staffing needs. Prepares schedules and ensures that areas of responsibility are staffed properly for all shifts.
- Ensures all newly hired team members follow and complete their appropriate training plan. Trains and develops hourly team members through ongoing feedback and coaching and develops talent.
- Manages all kitchen operations during scheduled shifts that include daily decision‑making, staff support, guest interaction, scheduling, and planning while upholding standards of product quality and cleanliness.
- Carefully observes kitchen operations and addresses any issues out of alignment promptly and directly. Ensures food quality by maintaining high levels of cleanliness, organization, storage, sanitation of food products. Fosters open communication with kitchen and FOH staff.
- Focuses on cleanliness and maintains EcoSure scores of 90 percentile or better and passes Health Department the first time by following all safety and sanitation procedures.
- Trains kitchen personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices. Completes daily line checks and EcoSure checklists. Ensures that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection.
- Maintains appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At Least 21 Years of Age
- 2 ‑ 4 Years Related Experience in Food & Beverage Management
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- College or culinary training, or extensive cooking production experience.
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV,
- Basic Computer Skills: Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Excel and Word, AS400 preferred.
Company: Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Buena Park, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A