Website Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Join our Human Resources team today as our Human Resources Coordinator! In this position you will oversee the daily coordination of all HR office activities, including hiring, onboarding, associate events and recognition programs.
- Responsible for creating and supervising seasonal Associate recognition program activites, working with other departments to process nominations and distribute awards.
- Assists with seasonal Associate events and activities, working with other departments to ensure attractions, food, and staffing are available and secured .
- Coordinates and executes seasonal Associate onboarding activities and ensures accurate tracking and updated information is available to all departments regarding Associate status in the process.
- Leads, develops and manages seasonal support staff.
- Conduct effective team meetings and responsible for directing other employees’ daily work activities and to undertake or recommend employment actions.
- Collaborates with other department managers to develop a strong understanding of the department culture,business strategy and needs to deliver the best associate HR experience for newly hired staff.
- Supervisory duties include instructing, assigning, reviewing and planning work of others, maintaining standards; coordinating activities; allocating personnel; selecting new associates; acting on associate problems; recommending and approving associate promotions, transfers and discipline; and recommending discharge.
- Conducts seasonal Associate interviews, partnering with other departments to ensure our process is efficient and effective.
- 2-4 years of prior Human Resources work experience preferred.
- Proven abilities with HRIS systems and Microsoft Office.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Past experience with Human Resources job duties and functions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to effectively lead and supervise others.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and
- personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
Company: Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Shakopee, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A