Website Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
The Manager of Food and Beverage at Castaway Bay functions as the primary leader for all aspects of Food and Beverage operations at the resort. Key responsibilities include safety, product selection, menu development, recipe development, setting production levels, and maintaining food quality that exceeds both industry standards and guests expectations. They are also responsible for building and promoting a culture of inclusivity, fairness, and trust within their team. The position includes culinary oversight of all Food and Beverage locations including three quick service restaurants, a buffet restaurant, room service, and occasional service for group meetings.
- Assists in Planning and Development within area.
- Ensure all state and local health regulations are meeting standard regularly.
- Initiates corrective/improvement actions as needed.
- Ensure the highest level of guest services is present in all areas of operation.
- Responsible for accurate reporting within area.
- Ensures the practice of corporate and divisional policies and procedures are in effect at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring all managers are knowledgeable of the workforce timekeeping system and have the ability to complete payroll.
- Maintains effective communication with all employees and staff members.
- Motivates supervision and employees to seek improvement in individual performances.
- Ensure all employees are properly certified in each area of restaurant.
- Maintains all menus in a consistent manner with proper preparation procedures, portions and accompaniments in accordance with company standards.
- Ensure all cost controls for food and labor are being achieved to enable a positive budget result.
- Informs the General Manager of all developments within area of responsibility on a daily basis. Reports all guest/employee issues on the daily shift report.
- Perform weekly inventory of all food and beverage locations within the hotel.
- Achieves all financial and budgetary goals.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- At least 6 years related experience in high volume restaurant operations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Passionate about understanding and creating an exceptional guest and associate experience like no other.
Company: Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandusky, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A