Website Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Safety is a Cedar Fair Cornerstone and our Safety team is full of professional and compassionate individuals dedicated to caring for others. Carowinds and we’re looking for EMTs to provide emergency and non-emergency care to all of our Guests and associates. This team staffs the park’s First Aid and responds to all medical calls on property.
- Assists First Aid Supervisor in random skills testing and auditing throughout the season.
- Processes and completes departmental paperwork thoroughly, accurately and legibly as well as maintains high degree of confidentiality.
- Performs and interprets pre-employment urine drug screens.
- Collects and processes urine specimens for post-incident, reasonable cause and random drug screens.
- Maintains all first aid facilities, vehicles, and equipment in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Performs cleaning duties according to OSHA and Park Blood-Borne Pathogen Requirements.
- Assists with weekly, monthly, quarterly safety inspections and immediately reports hazardous conditions. Documents findings as directed.
- Provides basic clinical, life support and/or emergency care to guests and associates including wound care, removing splinters, dispensing over-the-counter medications and patient assessments.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to recognize problems and propose solutions.
- Certification within 90 days of employment.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to exercise good judgment regardless of circumstance.
- Must possess a current American Heart Association CPR Healthcare Provider or MEDIC/ Mecklenburg County Focused CPR Certification
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must possess a valid and current Driver’s License.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
Company: Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Vacancy Type: Part-time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A