Website Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Under limited supervision, supervises and participates in the inspection, maintenance and repair of ride control systems to ensure efficient and safe operations at all times. Assists in the installation, modification, upgrading and repair of ride control systems used throughout the Park. Performs related technical and supervisory duties as required.
- Supervises and coordinates retrofits of existing control systems.
- Attends workshops, training, meetings, etc., to maintain skills and stay abreast of industry trends, products and resources.
- Maintains working copy of existing control system software and keeps up to date with newer versions.
- Supervises and participates in the inspection, maintenance and performance of electronic/electrical repairs for Park rides,ensuring efficient and safe operations at all times.
- Inspects and evaluates rides for proper function; detects and investigates any electronic/electrical malfunctions or irregularities and responds to daily trouble calls.
- Makes suggestions on improving or retrofitting existing ride control systems when variables such as obsolescence indicate the need for doing so.
- Assists in maintaining documentation of ride control systems.
- Maintains integrity of existing ride control programs and annually checks for discrepancies of each ride system.
- Ensures rides are maintained according to the manufacturer, Cedar Fair and State guidelines to ensure the safety of ride operators and guests.
- Coordinates activities with other departments and crews as necessary.
- Orders parts as needed for maintaining ride control systems.
- Coordinates and performs annual preventative maintenance of ride control systems.
- Assists in other areas where control expertise is required, such as energy management lighting systems.
- Assists in overseeing the work of outside contractors as necessary.
- Ability to speak, write, read and understand English at a level sufficient to take guest orders; conduct a variety of sales transactions; complete a variety of simple forms; respond to guest special requests; and answer specific questions regarding products or merchandise.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to use spreadsheet and database computer systems. AutoCAD training pereferred, but not required.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of PLC’s, motor drives and display units.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
Company: Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Allentown, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A