Website Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Dorney Park is looking for mechanically inclined individuals to join our Ride Maintenance Team. As a Full Time Ride Mechanic you will be trained and certified to perform inspections, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and annual rehabilitation of a variety of amusement rides and attractions. Amazing views on the park as climbing and working safely at various heights is an essential part of this job.
- Communicates the status of assigned rides both verbally and in written format.
- Trouble shoots a variety of mechanical, pneumatic & hydraulic systems and takes appropriate corrective actions.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance, inspects, repairs and tests amusement rides and related equipment. This may include repair or replacement of major components on a wide variety of mechanical devices.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly, annual, and other required inspections of amusement rides and related equipment as assigned; taking corrective actions as issues are identified. Inspections are visual as well as auditory.
- Reads, understands and applies information from manufacturer’s manuals for service, repair and or component replacement. Accurately reads blue prints (mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic).
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Maintains orderly and accurate records of all required inspections and work performed.
- Familiarity with common types of bearings, bushings, couplers, shafting and similar power transmission components.
- 2 to 4 years of mechanical experience. Industrial, auto or amusement setting experience preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of basic mechanical principles such as gear ratios, torque, proper use of common hand tools, common mechanical nomenclature, etc.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the fundamental principles of either pneumatic systems or hydraulic systems; preferably both.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a fast paced and sometimes stressful environment.
- Ability to work safely and effectively while elevated on ladders, platforms, or other structures at heights up to 300 feet above ground.
Company: Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Allentown, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A