Website Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Responsible for managing the operation of the retail departments, consisting of merchandise and games, to maximize business results, monitor inventory and adapt to consumer buying behavior. This position supervises the performance of seasonal managers and associates to ensure all retail locations maintain the highest quality presentation, drive sales growth and deliver exceptional guest service with a goal for constant improvement. High levels of self-motivation, leadership and development, initiative, multi-tasking and time management are essential.
- Achieves financial goals through preparation and adherence to labor and revenue budgets and multiple expense accounts for all retail locations in the Park. Prepares monthly and quarterly financial and inventory reprojections, monitors and adjusts expenditures as needed.
- Creates, receives and reviews various records and reports including expenses, revenue, cash variance, labor dollars and hours, hiring levels, purchase orders, sales, schedules and inspection reports.
- Manages the planning, coordinating and implementing of some or all retail operations of the Park, ensuring compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, regulations and standards of quality and safety.
- Positively develops all Park associates and promotes division goals on a daily basis. Must be self-motivated, driven and have excellent initiative.
- Develops, implements and evaluates quality assurance measures. Maintains the highest retail location standards and relocates and/or purchases products as needed to increase profitability.
- Creates and teaches visual display techniques following established and frequently trend driven visual presentation guidelines.
- Coordinates and oversees locations set-up before Park opening, including counting in received products, moving fixtures and products, visual merchandising and coordinating product programs.
- Recognizes and quickly reacts to current retail trends. Reviews department policies and procedures on a continuous basis, making specific recommendations to improve service and efficiency.
- Supervises seasonal staff, including instructing, assigning, reviewing and planning work of others, maintaining high standards, coordinating activities, hiring and placement, acting on associates problems, recommending and approving associate promotions, transfers, scheduling and discipline and recommending discharge.
- Encourages a safe, respectful and pleasant work environment. Focuses on coaching and developing a team for long term to increase overall associate retention.
- 3 to 5 years related experience in large scale retail operations management.
- Ability to pass a mandatory or random drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state or provincial law.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, retail management or similar relevant field.
- Amusement park, or similar operational experience, preferred.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including most weekends and often holidays.
- Knowledge of related accounting procedures, profit/loss statements, general ledger, and point of sales systems.
- Excels in a fast paced changing environment.
- Understanding of federal, state and local labor laws.
- Ability to pass a background check, which may include, but is not limited to credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education, and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Proven leadership skills and experience managing continuous process improvement with the ability to think outside the box and challenge the status quo.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Company: Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A