Website Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
This Full Time with Benefits position performs inspections, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and annual rehabilitation of a variety of different amusement rides and attractions. Preform water tests and maintain proper water quality. Areas of responsibility include (but are not limited to) maintenance of: gearboxes, chains, sprockets, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, wire rope, hoists, brakes, pumps, and large bearings. Climbing and working safely at height is an essential part of this job.
- Performs a variety of other tasks depending on experience including welding (Mig, Tig and Arc) and fabrication; sets up and operates lathe, mill, drill press, grinder and other metal working equipment.
- Trouble shoots a variety of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems and takes appropriate corrective actions.
- Reads, understands and applies information from manufacturer’s manuals for service, repair and or component replacement. Accurately reads blue prints (mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic).
- Properly follows all repair procedures and maintains accurate documentation of all repairs. Maintains orderly and accurate records of all required inspections and work performed, and submits required paperwork to supervision in a timely manner.
- Maintain inventory of equipment
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly, annual, and other required inspections of amusement rides and related equipment as assigned; taking corrective actions as issues are identified.
- Inspections are visual as well as auditory.
- Communicates the status of assigned rides both verbally and in written format.
- Maintains all assigned equipment in a safe and ready condition according to all applicable codes, laws, rules, company policies, and best practices. Works safely and efficiently on all assigned tasks, coordinates with other as necessary to achieve desired results.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance, inspects, repairs and tests amusement rides and related equipment. This may include repair or replacement of major components such as hydraulic cylinders, gears, chains, sprockets, pneumatic cylinders, hoses, brakes, clutches, wheels, bearings, gearboxes, springs, or a wide variety of other mechanical devices.
- 2 to 4 years of verifiable experience in mechanical maintenance, preferably in an industrial or amusement setting.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Working knowledge of basic mechanical principles such as gear ratios, torque, proper use of common hand tools, common mechanical nomenclature, etc.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to stand and walk an entire shift.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the fundamental principles of either pneumatic systems or hydraulic systems; preferably both.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a fast paced and sometimes stressful environment.
- Ability to work safely and effectively while elevated on ladders, platforms, or other structures at heights up to 300 feet above ground.
- Familiarity with common types of bearings, bushings, couplers, shafting and similar power transmission components.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to lift and carry items of 50 pounds or more.
Company: Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Allentown, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A