Caterpillar’s Industrial Power Systems Division (IPSD) provides exciting opportunities for accountants who are mobile, want to be challenged, and are interested in being directly involved with the manufacturing of Engines.
IPSD Large Engines seeks a Sr. Staff Accountant in Seguin, TX to support its Engine Operations. In this position, you will play a critical role supporting Operations, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, EHS, Facilities, and Maintenance.
- Financial analysis and monthly reporting of results for Engine Assembly Operations and Support Groups
- Presentation and explanation of results to the Operations Manager
- Provide budget scenarios as needed based on changing business conditions for Engine Operations
- Quarterly Forecast process (RBM)
- Annual Business Plan (ABP)
- Determine Internal Rate of Return and NPV for medium/high complexity projects for Engine Operations
- Perform discounted cash flow analysis around the assembly of a new engine platform in Seguin to support NPI Gateway Financials
- Support the reporting of Abnormals for Product Cost Rates
- Support the Normals / Product Cost Processes for Engines
- Use of business systems/tools including, but not limited to, Axiom, BOBJ, BMS, GLS, PowerBI and Tableau
- Lead analyst with responsibility for financial reporting dashboards in Tableau (Variable and Period Cost Trends, Ratio Reporting and Monthly Reporting Scorecard)
- Demonstrate initiative, leadership, good judgment and accountability.
- Demonstrate very good communication skills
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of Caterpillar businesses, products, suppliers and customers.
Qualification & Experience:
- 4-year degree, preferably in accounting. Non-accounting degree requires minimum 18 hours of college level accounting or approved Accounting certification
- 4-6 years of accounting experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Customer Service
Job Location: Seguin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A