The Corporate Development M&A Director (titled internally as Manager), is a part of our Global Corporate Development team with enterprise responsibility and reports to the Global Head of Corporate Development. They require a background in all aspects of M&A including strategic planning, financial analysis, due diligence, transaction structuring, and agreement negotiation.Demonstrated project management skills, ideally managing projects with both internal and external stakeholders is highly desired. Strong analytical, technical, project management, and leadership skills are required. Directors execute the majority of their own transactions without support from external investment bankers, therefore deep, hands-on transaction execution experience is critical (ideally including cross-border). Lastly, a strong executive presence, excellent interpersonal/communication skills, and comfort with an external facing role is also required given the Director’s interaction with target companies, external advisors, and Caterpillar senior executives.
- Apply strategic workforce plan, succession planning, talent acquisition, professional/technical & leadership development and total rewards, to drive talent outcomes.
- Lead or facilitate upskilling programs to build functional capability.
- Organizational design and implementation of optimal organization aligned to meet business objectives.
- Execute programs that support cultural efforts, such as Diversity & Inclusion priorities and Employee Insights
- Consults with business leaders on ways to improve business effectiveness and operational improvements in alignment with the business model and leadership attributes.
- Human capital effectiveness, diversity and inclusion, and employee engagement strategies – deploy and embed our strategy, purpose and leadership attributes.
- Understand both internal and industry talent market and trends, use internal talent insights and build talent pipeline and organization capability.
- Partner with the Learning & Development Center of Excellence (COE) to deliver professional and leadership learning solutions.
- Execute on the digital and analytics integrated talent strategy to deliver and drive value for business partners.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- CPA, CMA, or CFA
- Industry coverage/transaction experience in Caterpillar related sectors
- International M&A experience
- Minimum of 5+ years (post Analyst) investment banking, private equity, and/or corporate M&A experience
- Track-record of outstanding academic and professional achievement
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related field
- 8+ years of total work experience in Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A