Website The Walt Disney Company
As a Lead Technical Project Manager in the Video Playback Engineering teams, you’ll be responsible for partnering with Program and Engineering managers who are developing the video experiences for the Disney+ platform. You’ll also function as the interface between Product and other Engineering teams, participating in coordination, alignment, road mapping, and the overall seamless delivery of best-in-class consumer applications.
- Constantly seeking ways to improve at every iteration, making suggestions for improvement
- Develop and maintain a project plan in order to deliver best-in-class software through the SDLC
- Identify solution paths for competing requirements while managing stakeholder preferences
- Cultivate relationships across engineering and technical teams while serving directly as the end-to-end liaison
- Demonstrate product knowledge, and facilitate the development of requirements in consideration of known technical capabilities and limitations
- Facilitate and solidify project processes by creating, managing, and updating documentation
- Taking initiative and proactively find ways to remove barriers to move a project forward.
- Promoting team synergy among project team members, and foster transparent communication
- Execute on several projects concurrently, with a remote & distributed team, while balancing competing priorities
- Manage the execution of deliverables, both short and long-term, via clearly defined milestones, and timelines
- Keep stakeholders informed of day-to-day project statuses, updates, and risks
- In-depth knowledge and experience running a consumer application development project through the entire SDLC
- 6+ years of experience as a Technical Project Manager leading complex media, technology, or product launches in the consumer software industry.
- You have direct engineering experience. C++ experience is highly desirable and strongly recommended.
Qualification & Experience:
- Possess a strong understanding of application development, API transactions, and repository processes.
- Extensive experience managing large teams on complex high-profile projects, and are viewed as the “go-to” individual
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Extensive Experience working with remote and global teams
- Strong knowledge of project management processes including Agile, Kanban, Waterfall
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glendale, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A