Website Jet Propulsion Laboratory
NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory – Office of Television Operations is currently seeking a Communications Technical Engineer to join the team. This engineer would be responsible for the ongoing day-to-day operations of IT systems and networks which are used in support of live television broadcasts, video production, post-production, render farms, streaming, and conference room operations. This is a broadcast/ post-production engineering position and not an IT-type role.
- Assist in technical aspects of conference room setups, including the troubleshooting of any physical infrastructure of cabling and power along with any audio, lighting, and projection system issues.
- Test and deploy OS and system-level patches on Mac/Win/Linux systems and maintain their product lifecycles.
- Serve as the direct interface to the end-users and editing staff for any technical expertise as well as assistance in software and hardware diagnostics in a predominant Adobe Premiere NLE environment.
- Engineer remote and on-site productions using vMix live-streaming software.
- Design, implement, monitor, and maintain production networks and server environments. These include all playback video servers, the EditShare platform, ancillary file servers, animation render farms (Linux & Windows), as well as the support the TV Ops engineering team in all day-to-day operations.
- Perform any additional duties related to the operation and execution of all technical operations and productions of this team.
- Provide proactive systems maintenance and troubleshooting of any issues.
- Install and configure new hardware and software as required for the support of missions and projects.
- Analyze technology trends and make recommendations to improve day-to-day practices and operations.
- Coordinate with JPL’s IT/Cybersecurity organizations to comply with all security and policy requirements.
- Proficient with current security best-practices and work in conjunction with the JPL and NASA security teams to remedy any vulnerabilities discovered in a timely manner.
- Proficient with Synology and Promise storage appliances.
- Proficient IT troubleshooting and systems diagnostics and ability to mentor end-users on workflows.
- Proven proficiency in multi-platform systems integrations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Prior experience of implementing and managing NAS editing platforms.
- Experienced in macOS and Windows operating systems, product lifecycle, scripting, remote control/management, and patch management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of advanced computer networking, including cabling fiber and standard Ethernet.
- Advanced knowledge with troubleshooting capabilities of Adobe Premiere, Davinci Resolve and Final Cut X.
- Experienced with advanced configurations of managed network switches.
- Advanced knowledge of Digital Media Asset Management System workflows and operations, including Edit Share.
- Prior experience implementing render farms using Maya, Arnold, and Lightwave software.
- Knowledge of telecommunication technologies, including VoIP telephony and analog POTS services.
Company: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A