Supervises one or more of the Sales Departments within the store to include merchandise presentation, inventory control, pricing, sales enhancements, staff selection and development and customer service activities.
- Has “Manager on Duty” responsibilities
- Meet or exceed all financial plans as set by the Company
- Provide a legendary experience for every customer, every time by assisting customers in making buying decisions by:
- Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws, including: interviewing, hiring & training, planning, assigning and directing work; measuring and evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers
- Staff the Departments with “service” oriented associates; participates in interviewing and selection, coordinates training, prepares / approves performance appraisals, recommends merit / promotional increases, prepares weekly work schedules, coaches and motivates associates to promote positive customer relations and a productive team-oriented work environment
- Resolves customer and associate issues
- Execute all Sales plans as directed by the Company
- Maintain planograms as set by the Corporate Office
- Opens and Closes the Store
- Demonstrated use of Team concept of Management.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions and percentages. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of other financial, legal and technical information.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, associates, customers and with the Corporate Staff.
- Proficiency with PC-based word processing, spreadsheets, data based management and electronic point of sale and inventory management systems.
- Ability to read and analyze certain reports. Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Managers, associates, customers and the general public. Ability to conduct meetings and presentations to groups.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years in Retail Management, with responsibility for one or more Sales Departments.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Chesterfield, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A