Website Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Seeking a multi-disciplined engineer who works well in a team-based collaborative environment. This is a position for someone who is customer-focused, reacts well to changes, can work independently or with teams and is able to multi-task on multiple products and projects. A passion or curiosity for space is also a big plus.
- GDS I&T group members are typically multi-disciplined engineers with knowledge of computer hardware, software, and various areas of Information Technology such as networking, databases, systems administration, and cyber security. We integrate, test, and troubleshoot the
- GDS designs and visions of GDS system-engineers and architects.
Will work as an System I&T engineer as part of the Ground Systems Engineering team on JPL flight-projects and as part of the Multi-mission
- Ground Systems and Services (MGSS) program. The Ground System is an integrated system of computer hardware, ground software, facilities, networks, and IT infrastructure used to support and operate a Mission Operation System on JPL flight-projects. The GDS supports all phases of the mission including design, development, test, and operations.
- Will be a member of the Ground Data System (GDS) Integration& Test Group (394H), which is part of the Mission Systems Engineering Section (394) and will report to the 394H Technical Group Supervisor.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience in writing technical documents and presenting at product reviews
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
- Good knowledge of release engineering concepts such as continuous integration
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills with extensive problem-solving experience in a distributed unix/linux environment
- Knowledge of test automation practices, familiarity with test automation tools, practical experience developing test automation solutions
- Excellent coding and scripting skills in languages such as Java, shell, Python, Perl, or Ruby
Qualification & Experience:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical discipline with a minimum of 1 year experience; Masters degree in a similar discipline.
- Knowledge and work experience in one or more of the following areas: systems integration, systems engineering, software and/or system testing, software test automation, systems release and deployment engineering, and production operations support
Company: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A