Website Busch Garden
As General Services Technician, you’ll perform a variety of general maintenance tasks throughout the facility. Perform maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of Electrical wiring/devices, motor overhauls and maintenance/troubleshooting of controls and other automated equipment and monitoring devices.
- Enthusiastically represents SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment by displaying a positive attitude, maintaining a high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job.
- Responsible for adhering to all trainings related to SOP’s, safety procedures, environmental regulations, and company standards.
- Responsible for daily inspection of all slides and flat water attractions.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as required including assisting other locations, departments and areas in the park, as needed.
- Utilize safe handling, storage, and disposal practices with toxic substances and hazardous waste.
- Perform duties including but not limited to safety, environmental, asset management and other administrative documentation.
- Utilize the necessary tools required by this position including but not limited to: Multimeter, basic hand tools, drill motors, saws, and other devices.
- Use chemicals and dispose of hazardous waste in accordance with all company policies and procedures.
- Track maintenance for assigned areas.
- Perform facilities maintenance functions to include but not limited to the following: carpentry, plumbing, repair of culinary equipment, minor concrete repair, and slide maintenance.
- Ability to become certified in AIMS or NAARSO (Level1) within one year
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Have a valid California driver’s license; visiting applicants and military must have valid driver’s license from state of residency and able to
- provide a copy of the DMV report
- Ability to become certified as Pool Operated (CPO) or Aquatics Facility Operator (AFO) within one year
- Ability to work on and interpret manufacturers’ manuals and
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Be at least 18 years old
- Ensure excellent customer service by responding to customer requirements, expectation, and needs
- Have general understanding of proper electrical wiring methods and troubleshooting methods
- Ability to positively interact with guests and co-workers of all ages, different ethnic/cultural backgrounds and/or languages, and individuals with special needs
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to walk, stand, stoop, climb, push, pull, bend, and squat.
- Possess strong written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform all procedures related to adherence of company and governmental regulations for water quality including, daily start-up, sampling, and troubleshooting
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to stand on ladders for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb up various heights not to exceed 75’using trained fall protection rope gear.
- Possess or be able to obtain certification to operate mechanical devices including, forklift, man-lift, and bobcat within 90 days of acceptance of position and maintain certification.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete all green tag inspection SOP training and associated equipment and pass a maintenance exam prior to park opening
- Strong Mathematical skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Working knowledge of hand, power, and air tools.
- Have a working knowledge of various building/installation codes as well as OSHA regulations
- Ability to lift or move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, early mornings, and late evenings.
Company: Busch Garden
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Chula Vista, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A