Website Busch Garden
Fabricating and installing structural, interior, and thematic projects of all types including, but not limited to, theatrical scenic and property, event kiosks (culinary and merchandise), Howl-O-Scream mazes, Christmas Town theming support, entertainment workspace Enhancement and park development projects. Providing solution-based feedback in the development of new projects. Creating detailed material, tool, and equipment lists for each project based on documentation and coordination.
- Assisting the Supervisor in developing fabrication timelines.
- Assisting the Supervisor in sourcing and estimating materials, tools, and equipment.
- Acting as a “business owner” for your team; keeping cost benefit for all project’s needs in mind from concept to completion.
- Continuing to pursue personal development of skills and capabilities for effective performance through ongoing training, project assistance and independent study of each field.
- Maintaining previously fabricated projects and equipment.
- Assisting with installation, operation, strike, and storage of shows and events.
- Demonstrating and encouraging a positive-attitude work environment.
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and positive working environment setting an example for your fellow team members.
- Performing other duties as assigned by entertainment leadership.
- Must be able to interpret site plans, elevations, detail, 3D models, etc. to execute assigned project(s) to exacting detail to meet engineering and local permitting guidelines.
- Must be able to demonstrate extensive knowledge of fabrication materials, and provide feedback on the appropriate materials for each project’s unique needs.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in carpentry, fabrication, and custom wood working.
- Must demonstrate safe work practices and knowledge of appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, data, and other service coordination with new construction.
- Must be able to work on multiple ongoing projects seamlessly.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be able to stand, bend or kneel for long periods of time.
- Must have a basic understanding of safe rigging practices.
- Must be able to work at heights between 6 and 90 feet.
- Must be comfortable working in both indoor and outdoor environments (dark/nighttime conditions, in/around water, in varying weather conditions).
- Must be able to lift, push and pull in excess of 80 pounds.
- Must be able to work professionally, responsibly, and courteously in a team environment.
- Must be willing to maintain training certification(s) on all equipment required for this position (i.e. aerial lifts, fork lifts, CNC router, shop tools, etc.).
- Must be available to work varying shifts or hours based on project needs (i.e. be able to work opening and closing shifts, as well as weekends and extended shifts due to show/event install, operation, or strike).
- Must have good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate professionally via phone, email, and radio.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be comfortable working in close proximity to animals.
- Ability to work rotating shifts to include nights, weekends and holidays. Available to work overtime when required by supervisor or manager.
Company: Busch Garden
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Williamsburg, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A