Website Busch Garden
The EMT provides emergency medical care to ambassadors and park guests, teaches safety and prevention, and provides care for workers compensation cases. All ambassadors enthusiastically represent SeaWorld by displaying a positive attitude, high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job.
- Assesses injuries or illness, administers appropriate treatment and complete paperwork for ambassadors and guests.
- Participate in department training and drills.
- Perform daily checks on safety and rescue equipment.
- Administer ongoing care to ambassadors with workers compensation injuries.
- Consult with physicians to make appointments and arrange care for ambassadors.
- Report safety hazards in the park to necessary personnel.
- Respond to medical emergencies throughout the park.
- San Diego County EMT or Paramedic Certification.
- Six months of related experience providing BLS patient care excluding volunteer work.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross CPR health care provider card (HCP).
- At least 18 years of age.
- Submit to annual respiratory physical.
Qualification & Experience:
- Able to work indoors and in outside weather conditions (i.e. sunny, wet, and/or humid conditions)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to represent the company and communicate to doctors and insurance representatives.
- Able to positively interact with park guests and co-workers of all ages different ethnic/cultural background and/or languages and individuals with special needs.
- Able to respond to patient needs and make sound decisions.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as medical doses and shots, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds with or without accommodation.
- Able to work weekends, evenings, overnight shifts and holidays.
Company: Busch Garden
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Chula Vista, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A