Website Busch Garden
At SeaWorld, we’re passionate about caring for animals. In fact, we’ve already rescued over 37,000 animals (and counting!). And we can save you from being stuck in just another job. Join us and help bring joy, excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world. We’re seeking enthusiastic, dedicated and hard-working individuals in a wide variety of roles. Join us and play an important part on our incredible team!
- Know and understand all emergency policies and procedures associated with Camp programs.
- Complies with area opening and closing procedures and ensures all ambassador complete tasks within a timely manner.
- This includes but is not limited to being responsible for camper’s safety and their whereabouts at all times.
- Supervises, trains and counsels ambassador while ensuring proper training and development in accordance with SeaWorld guidelines
- Establishes and maintains a positive atmosphere which ensures the highest level of ambassador performance and guest service while enforcing and complying with safety procedures and guidelines
- Help counselors identify and respond to camper behavior issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible for performing job duties/tasks of positions within scope of supervision
- Communicate with parents daily about participant’s experiences and report any issues to Camp leadership.
- Assist in maintain accurate program records including incident reports, counselor documentation, and daily attendance.
- Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with Camp and all program areas.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- At least 19 years old and have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of three months park experience with no significant performance deficiencies within the three month period.
- Valid Driver’s License and pass all requirements necessary to hold a SeaWorld Driver’s license and drive 15 passenger vans.
- One season prior experience as a Camp Counselor with SeaWorld/Busch Gardens Camp strongly preferred.
- Able to complete CPR/First Aid/ AED certification upon hire.
Qualification & Experience:
- Working knowledge of the English language with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- May be required to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. in various forms.
- Provide excellent service to guests and ambassadors.
- Willing to comply with and ensure ambassador comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards.
- Consistently practices safe work habits including, but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations
- Able to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements to include but not limited to passing required tests and certifications within established timelines.
- May be required to sit, stand, or maintain physical activity for extended periods of time in a variety of weather conditions. This includes leading and participating in a variety of camp activities.
- Able to perform job duties/tasks and meet the minimum qualifications of the positions within the scope of supervision.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule to include weekdays, weekends, evenings, overnights, and holidays
Company: Busch Garden
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A